Monitoring of economic activity
Satellite monitoring of economic activity is the process of identifying changes and violations in significant areas, both natural and anthropogenically altered, by using ERS data. The use of remote sensing data allows users to receive objective information on the status of remote objects in real time, which otherwise cannot or are highly problematic to be regularly monitored by other means.
Monitoring business activities using the ERS data can be applied in the following areas:
- residential and industrial construction
- use of mineral resources
- water management
- management of transport infrastructure
- management of municipal services, and many others.
ERS technologies allow for:
- exercising state control over compliance with the requirements of subsoil use, forest management and other legislation;
- efficiently monitoring the status of agricultural land;
- monitoring the progress of construction, meeting deadlines and building compliance with project documentation, controlling the activities of the contracted organisations, disclosing instances of illegal construction within the covered area, and assessing the construction dynamics of critical facilities;
- disclosing instances of illegal business operations of entities whose activities have been suspended;
- conducting comprehensive environmental monitoring of natural areas;
- monitoring compliance with the licensed boundaries in the course of business;
- evaluating the development of the infrastructure of settlements, industrial facilities, transport complexes, etc.;
- monitoring garbage dumps, and many more.
The projects related to monitoring business activities are based on the technology of real-time data updates in any territory within Russia, and the techniques of automated and expert identification of changes in an area’s condition associated with human activity. The analysis results can be presented in the information-analytical systems created based on web-GIS technology, which facilitates their interpretation and ensures convenience of further use.
The projects implemented by the company include monitoring the construction of Olympic facilities in Sochi, the Vostochny space port, and the Eastern Siberia - Pacific Ocean pipeline. SCANEX technologies are constantly used in the interests of the Federal Service for State Registration, Cadastre and Cartography, the Federal Veterinary and Phytosanitary Monitoring Service, the Russian Federal Forestry Information Agency, and many others.